Thank you for hosting a party at Arisia. Parties can be Open or Closed.
- The whole convention is invited, all convention members are welcome.
- An open party keeps the door open or ajar.
- Serving of alcohol is not allowed at an open party.
- You may advertise your open party. There will be a Party Board where you can announce your open party. Also, the newsletter will list open parties if they are posted on the Party Board before the newsletter deadline.
- After your open party is over, please make sure the hallway outside your party is clean.
- The party must be by invitation only.
- You may not hand out invitations at the door of your closed party, or at an open party you host.
- You may not hand out invitations while your closed party is going on.
- Closed parties cannot be advertised.
- Posting fliers on walls or elevators that mention the name of the party or the group hosting a closed party, but omit the location, day, and time of the party, is still considered to be an advertisement.
- Closed parties must keep the doors closed.
- Arisia’s corkage waiver does not include alcohol.
- If you serve alcohol, you must check ID. The legal drinking age in Massachusetts is 21.
- You many not serve alcohol to anyone that appears to be drunk (you may be liable for any subsequent injuries or damage that they sustain or cause).
- No alcohol can leave the closed party space.
- The person checking ID should remain sober until their task is completed.
- Keep the noise at the ID checking station down. The party is inside the room, not outside.
- Please also pick up the area where you checked ID after your party is over.
- If your closed party plans include anything to do with Fuel, or Rockets, notify email@example.com
of this well in advance of the convention, so we can plan accordingly.
- Notify firstname.lastname@example.org of your plans.
- The parties should have distinctly different themes.
- If the first party is open, and the second party is closed, the closed party may not be advertised at the first party.
- There must be an interval of at least one hour between the end of the first party and the start of the second party. Your party room must be free of guests during the hour interval.
- If you would like to host an open and a closed party on Arisia weekend, we prefer that you host them on different nights.
- If you would like to have your party helpers and friends moved to rooms near your party, please let us know.
Exercise discretion when bringing in outside food and beverages to the hotel, when your room is cleaned, or when ice is delivered to your room. Please also be discreet when transporting or storing party supplies.