Arisia 2012 Blood Drive collected 120 units of blood. 80 on Saturday for MGH. 40 for Children's on Sunday. Thank you everyone!
Thank you, Arisia! During Arisia '11, Massachusetts General Hospital and the Children's Hospital of Boston were both delighted by your generosity! Let's do it again! If you can plan ahead, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment in advance. Appointments aren't necessary, they just help the MGH and CHB crews to deliver on their promise of a half-hour turnaround time for donors. We'll be signing donors up on Friday evening and all during the drive on Saturday and Sunday.
There's more information about Mass. General's donor eligibility here, and Children's Hospital's donor eligibility here. Thanks for thinking about becoming a donor. NEW: Children's Hospital now has an online appointment sign up option!
Donor appointment times (walk-ins welcome!) will be Saturday 9:30a-4p (MGH) and Sunday from 10a-4p (Children's) 4pm means the last appointment will start at 4pm. Signup for the blood drive will be at a table in the right side of the lobby.
The Heinlein Society exists to preserve the legacy renowned writer Robert Anson Heinlein left us in novels, essays, speeches, and short stories. We "Pay it forward," Heinlein's oft expressed phrase, since we can never pay back the riches he shared with us. If you've ever considered donating blood, please take this opportunity. If you've ever enjoyed the Grand Master's work, thank him by "paying it forward" in a way he would have deeply appreciated. Mr. Heinlein traveled extensively to promote this important cause and frequently donated himself.
Not a donor? No problem! Volunteer to help the donors have an enjoyable experience! Give a smile, a word of thanks, or hold the other hand for a new donor. Join the ranks of the Naughty Nurses! You, too, can "Pay it Forward!".
- MGH Blood Donor Center
- Give Pints for Half Pints
- CHB: Donation criteria (PDF)
- See what the Naughty Nurses are up to!
On December 23, 2008, the Massachusetts general laws were changed to allow 16 year old donors to donate blood with parental permission.
- MGH Cover Letter for Parents (PDF)
- MGH Parental Consent Form (PDF)
- Children's Hospital Parental Consent Form (PDF)
- At Arisia'12, you donated 120 pints.
- At Arisia'11, you donated 124 pints.
- At Arisia'10, 101 pints were collected.
- At Arisia'09, 138 people showed up and 103 pints were collected.
- At Arisia'08, 68 people showed up and 60 pints were collected.
- At Arisia'07, 67 people showed up and 57 pints were collected.
- At Arisia'06, 48 advance appointments became 65 people presenting to donate and 61 actually donating.
- At Arisia'05, (during the Blizzard of ’05) fans donated 48 pints of blood.